Bob Jones University will close its world-class Museum on campus starting February 18th for a 2-year long renovation project. Read the article in the Greenville News here. The M&G collection offers a startling and beautiful representation of Old Master European paintings, including works by Rubens, van Dyck, Reni, Tintoretto, Le Brun, Cranach, Ribera, and Murillo. All are encouraged to visit the museum which contains Catholic art! The hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 2p.m. – 5 p.m (general info & pricing).
Posted in 2015, one Catholic blogger visiting the museum posted a few of the Catholic treasures found to include paintings of:
- Madonna and Child with St. Bernard and St. Catherine of Siena by Il Riccio
- A triptych (icon) of The Annunciation by Tommaso del Mazzo (Master of St. Verdiana), on loan from the Getty Museum. On the right panel were St. Paul and a deacon. On the left panel, St. Jude Thaddeus and St. John the Evangelist.
- Paintings of St. Luke and St. Christopher
- Madonna and Child with St. Anne and angels
- St. Sebastian
- Madonna and Child with St. Paul and St. Augustine
- St. Anthony of Padua