Plan on a nap Saturday so that you can get up to watch live televised coverage from St. Peter’s Square at 4am of Mother Teresa’s Canonization Mass on Sunday, 9/4 (don’t worry, it’ll be re-broadcast at 11am and 8pm on EWTN)!
- Celebrate Mother Teresa with inspiring films and documentaries that follow her life of service in as she sought Christ in every human life along her path to sainthood. Schedule is here.
- Learn more about her life, publications, and the Missionaries of Charity here.
- Read about the miracles that made Mother Teresa a Saint.
- Learn about the ways the Vatican is preparing for the canonization with a week (Sept 1-8) of celebration.
- Say a prayer of thanksgiving:Lord Jesus, merciful face of the Father, you came to give us the Good News of the Father’s mercy and tenderness.
We thank you for the gift of our dearest Mother, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, who will be canonized in this Jubilee Year of Mercy. You chose her to be your presence, your love and compassion to the brokenhearted, the unwanted, the abandoned and the dying. She responded wholeheartedly to your cry, “I Thirst,” by the holiness of her life and humble works of love to the poorest of the poor.
We pray, through her intercession, for the grace to experience your merciful love and share it in our own families, communities and with all our suffering brothers and sisters. Help us to give our “hearts to love and hands to serve,” after the example of Mother Teresa. Lord Jesus, bless every member of our family, our parish, our diocese, our country, especially those most in need, that we all may be transformed by your merciful love.