A new hashtag was born today by our “friends” (ahem, competitors) in Charleston and Columbia – #beatGreenville. And, it seems that there is some confusion about which region is taking home (i.e. keeping) the YAClympics trophy. Let’s set them straight, LVGers! Register now to play, volunteer or be a cheerleader for the 2nd Annual YAClympics, a Diocesan-wide competition of physical and intellectual prowess, happening on Saturday, May 21st in Columbia’s beautiful Sesquicentennial State Park. The schedule for the day includes an opportunity to stay for post-event activities – last year, we enjoyed a fantastic dinner and game night socializing (you can even stay in Columbia overnight with one of our YACs for morning Mass & brunch).
SATURDAY, MAY 21
– 10am – 10:30am – Sign-in
– 10:30am – 10:45am – Form teams
– 10:45am – Games will promptly begin
– 10:45am – 2pm – Round 1 of YAClympics Games
– 2pm – 3:30pm – Cookout and fellowship
– 3:30pm – 5pm – Round 2 of YAClympics Games
– 5pm – Awards and Closing Ceremony
– 5:45pm – Post-YAClympic Festivities (optional)
**For those who do not want to depart on May 21, there will be an option of being hosted in Columbia followed by Mass and brunch as a groupon Sunday**
SUNDAY, MAY 22 (optional)
– 9am – Mass at St. Thomas More Catholic Chapel
– 10:15am – Brunch
Come dressed for a field day – tennis shoes and active clothing encouraged – and be sure to bring sunscreen, bug spray, water, and a joyfully competitive attitude!