Our friends in Columbia have issued a statewide challenge to participate in the 1st Annual South Carolina Young Adult Catholic Olympics (affectionately nicknamed “YAClympics”)! The event is Saturday, May 16 from 10:30-5:45pm with an option to stay overnight.
There is a trophy, people. This is serious. This trophy will travel with the winning team to be displayed with the respective young adult group until YAClympics 2016!
The event is currently in the planning stages, but here is the tentative schedule of events:
– 10:30am-11am – Sign-in
– 11am – Games will promptly begin
– 11am – 2pm – Round 1 of YAClympics Games
– 2pm – 3:30pm – Cookout and fellowship
– 3:30pm – 5pm – Round 2 of YAClympics Games
– 5pm – Awards and Closing Ceremony
– 5:45pm – Groups head for a pizza dinner
**For those who do not want to depart on May 23, there will be an option of being hosted in Columbia followed by Mass and brunch as a group on Sunday **
MAY 17 (optional)
– 9am – Mass at St. Thomas More Catholic Chapel
– 10:15am – Brunch
– 1pm – Friendly football game or other activities in Columbia
More details will be released soon!