Dan and Victoria B have created a wonderful 6-week opportunity to meet weekly on Tuesdays at 7pm at Sully’s Steamers (6 E Washington St) and discuss the book, “Finding God’s Will for You” by St. Francis de Sales. As the name implies, you can expect to learn in this small group about what God’s will is and how He reveals it yes, even to you, and even in the seemingly random events of your life.
As you begin to discern God’s loving hand even in seemingly chaotic events, St. Francis de Sales will lead your mind and your heart to the still waters of God’s gentle consolation.
From St. Francis de Sales you’ll learn:
- Four signs that your heart conforms to God’s will
- How to accept God’s will even when it seems terrifying and painful
- Sacred inspirations: not just for the prophets. The many ways God may be knocking on your door — now!
- Changing your life’s direction: how to spot and avoid all-too-common dangers
- The simple rule of charity: how it can help you make vital decisions
- Are you as mature in the virtues as God wills you to be?
- How to distinguish zeal for God’s will from selfish arrogance
- Three ways you can recognize a thought or sentiment that comes from God
- The key ingredient that makes all your actions pleasing to God: can you name it?
- Making decisions: practical advice to help you distinguish between times when you should move slowly and carefully, and when you should act quickly, without undue time for deliberation
It would be best for the participants to read ahead of time. Most of Chapter 1 can be read in the Amazon preview here. All are encouraged to purchase locally, if available! We will probably read a lot of Chapter 1 during the first night, but it would be best if those interested were able to get the book and at least skim through the pages. There are 7 chapters and 6 weeks, so we are looking at the following schedule:
March 11 – Chapter 1: Recognize the goodness of God’s will
March 18 – Chapter 2: Keep a steady course in the pursuit of holiness
March 25 – Chapter 3: Follow God’s will in making decisions
April 1 – Chapter 4: Learn to embrace your crosses
April 8 – Chapter 5: Do not be discouraged by your failings and Chapter 6: Purify your love of God
April 15 – Chapter 7: Abandon yourself completely to God’s will