Join us in welcoming Paul to our LVG Leadership Team! Born and raised in a family of 3 sons in Florence, SC, Paul discovered his love of football in high school and was recruited to play for Campbell University as a safety (go Fighting Camels!) where he also earned a Bachelor’s in Trust & Wealth Management and an MBA. Moving to Greenville in June 2014, Paul started working as a Financial Advisor for VALIC and became a parishioner at St. Mary’s. In his spare time, he enjoys exercise and all things outdoors. One of his favorite experiences was camping in Dry Tortugas National Park (about 70 miles west of Key West) – imagine amazing star gazing, snorkeling, sunsets and more! Paul has a love for Blessed Pier Giorgio and St. Lorenzo da Brindisi.
In this Jubilee of Mercy, LVG is hosting opportunities to practice the Corporal Works of Mercy and Spiritual Works of Mercy as a community. Join us on Saturday, July 30 to pray for those considering an abortion and those babies who have been/will be aborted, especially those at the Greenville abortion facility.
Due to parking restrictions, we’ll carpool from St. Mary Magdalene – leaving at 9:30am. For those interested, we’ll start the morning by attending Mass at 8:30am at St. Mary Magdalene. Confession is available after Mass, too.
Questions? Call Christina 443-986-5945
In a world seeking to know the true love of Jesus Christ, the role and witness of the Disciple is greatly needed. As baptized and confirmed members of the Body of Christ, we are equipped with the graces needed to bring this message of peace, love, and mercy to humanity. Join young adult leaders from across the Diocese as we re-equip ourselves to answer the Great Commission, and go into our homes, work places, parishes, and communities to go and bring Christ to the world.
When? August 19-21 at Diakonia Retreat Center in Salem, SC
Who should attend? You do not need to be a leader in LVG! Any young adult (ages 18-39yo) should come who desires to be authentically transformed, lead others to Christ and assist in the outreach to the Catholic Young Adult community.
Cost: $30 for a shared room; $95 for a private room. Price includes dinner on Friday, 3 meals on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. Scholarships are available.
Questions? Contact Rachel Neubauer, Associate Director of Young Adult Ministry
email@example.com | 843.670.2586
- Get involved in a book study on CS Lewis’ The Screwtape Letters. Set in an eerily stylish office in Hell, one of Satan’s senior tempters, Screwtape, schemes meticulously to capture the soul of an unsuspecting human on earth. Come read and discuss it in an 8-week long small group led by Nicole R on Thursdays: July 7, 14, 21, 28, August 4, 11, 18, and 25. The 31 Letters (Chapters) will be discussed 4 chapters per session (read the 1st 4 chapters for July 7). Discussion questions for each chapter will be provided at the meetings. Meet at Croghan Hall on the campus of Prince of Peace Catholic Church.
- Happy Hour for July is being led by our Co-Regional Coordinator, Matt D from 6-7pm at Pour Taproom on Friday, July 8. If you haven’t been, imagine 70 beer, wine and cider taps that feature local and regional craft brews sold by the ounce pour.
- We’re planning ahead and collecting RSVPs for Dinner & Game Night at the home of Kylee, Sarah and Lorena. Submit your RSVPs on Facebook or by email. On this night, we’ll also be celebrating our dear LVG member, Lee E., who is moving to the far away land of Columbia to pursue a wonderful job opportunity. Save room for cake!
Any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hour of Grace is Adoration before the Blessed Sacrament with praise and worship style music (something like this), guided contemplation (some thoughts to reflect on), and an opportunity to receive (if desired) the Sacrament of Reconciliation (here is a Guide to Confession from Prince of Peace Catholic Church). It was adopted by our ministry years ago as a beautiful opportunity to be together present before our Lord and has helped many who did not think they could sit for even 15-minutes in Adoration to develop a love of doing so. Still not convinced to join us? Check out this list of 100+ Benefits of Eucharistic Adoration! Come. Stay as long as you like. Likely, a group will grab something to eat afterward.
- St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church – in the SCHOOL Chapel: 311 Gower Street, Greenville 29611
- 7-8pm on Thursday, June 23
- Confessor: Father Jack
- Praise & Worship Leaders: Lorena R & Matt D
LVGers and friends enjoyed a beautiful Summer evening under the string lights at Sidewall Pizza in Travelers Rest on Saturday eating a delicious assortment of pizzas and homemade coffee ice cream! Join us in July for another Monthly Dinner on Sunday, the 17th at 7pm at Yard House (1025 Woodruff Rd)!